Did you know that mushrooms are loaded with nutritional value (selenium, vitamin B2 & D), and low in calories? Yet, many people overlook them!
Head to The Lake Bluff Farmers' Market and snag some of River Valley Ranch's mushrooms, and make this tonight - we promise you won’t regret it!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms - stems and gills removed, wiped clean
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper - optional, plus additional to taste
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, avocado oil, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne. Taste and adjust seasonings if you like. Add the mushrooms and turn to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and let sit 5 additional minutes. While...